Here at Akela we think our food is the best! But don't just take our word for it - here is how you can do your own research - we are confident you will be back to place your order soon...
eDog Advisor - We are the top rated dog food on this independent consumer reviews website, with over 550 glowing reviews from happy customers.
This is a site where owners can share their thoughts and experiences in feeding their dogs. Why not take a look at what other owners have had to say? Owners moving to Akela from other 80:20 foods like Eden, Aatu and Millies Wolfheart also share their experiences on here.
All About Dog Food - Independent canine nutritionist site, awards us 5*.
We achieve the highest possible 5* rating from this website across our whole range, which called us "The best value 5* food yet". This is a great site to learn more about the world of canine nutrition with lots of helpful articles. It also has a fantastic tool that lets you compare foods easily including brands like tails.com, Royal Canin, James Wellbeloved, Lily's Kitchen, Wainwrights, Eukanuba, CSJ and Burns (Spoiler Alert - we get higher ratings than all of them).
Some other benefits from Akela that helps us stand out from the crowd:
- Made in Britain, with British ingredients wherever possible
- We have a cage-free policy so will not use caged animals in our foods (which is why you won't find rabbit in our range - other brands use caged rabbits from Poland & Czechia)
- We offer samples to try a taste test first (with free UK P&P)
- A choice of 5* rated dry and wet complete working dog foods that can be mixed and matched
- Order your natural treats at the same time as your main food delivery - our whole range is grain-free!
And it is not just our food that is awesome:
- Nutritional and holistic advice and support
- Subscription service - set up once and receive your food automatically
- Lots of orders qualify for free next day delivery (more info here)
- Passionate and caring dog-owning customer service team (including vet nurses and breeders)
- We're open every day excluding weekends and bank holidays (most of our competitors close between Christmas and New Year)
Many prospective customers wonder why we are so competitively priced for such a high-quality brand. The answer is simple, we keep our margins low and let the food sell itself (directly to you the customer wherever possible, cutting out any unnecessary middlemen e.g. wholesalers or supermarket chains with high margins). Other brands pay for sales reps and expensive marketing to try to force it upon customers. We also offer working dog food options which are zero-rated for VAT purposes whereas some other brands only off pet food with 20% VAT.