Uncaged or free-run chicken means that the birds are not kept in battery cages. Instead, they are barn-reared. They have space to roam and perch. Some of them are also free-range which means they are reared outdoors during daylight hours wherever possible (except whenever there is a local or national bird flu scare whereby even free-range chickens have to be kept indoors). We exclusively use free-range chicken in our Free Range Chicken Teaser treats. We are proud to support the Compassion in World Farming campaign to "End the Cage Age".
Articles in this section
- What's the Difference Between cold-pressed pellets and extruded kibble?
- Sudden loose stools after feeding Akela fine for months? See these common reasons
- Is Akela suitable to feed to my puppy? Chicken or Salmon, yes
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Kibble Size - Medium, Small Paws or Big Paws?
- Veal - why do you use it?
- Is Akela suitable for my dog?
- I'm used to buying 12Kg or 15Kg bags, do you have any plans to launch those sizes?
- My cat likes your dog food! What's the difference?