Animal ethics are extremely important to us and we are one of the only brands to have a cage-free policy. We do not use any caged animals such as rabbits for this reason. Veal is something that we have thought long and hard about as calves are not reared specifically for our use. We use calf lung, rumen and heart along with venison meat in our 'Veal with Venison' wet food. Both are reared cage-free and in the wild wolves/dogs would hunt for such animals.
Articles in this section
- What's the Difference Between cold-pressed pellets and extruded kibble?
- Sudden loose stools after feeding Akela fine for months? See these common reasons
- Is Akela suitable to feed to my puppy? Chicken or Salmon, yes
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Kibble Size - Medium, Small Paws or Big Paws?
- What kind of vitamins/minerals do you use in your foods?
- Veal - why do you use it?
- Is Akela suitable for my dog?
- I'm used to buying 12Kg or 15Kg bags, do you have any plans to launch those sizes?