When switching between Akela flavours from the same range, you do not usually need to transition gradually as the calorific content and protein levels are in a similar range. You may wish to add some of our tinned Pumpkin Digestive Aid though. Gradual transition is recommended if switching between kibble, wet food or raw food though. Similarly if switching between dry extruded and cold-pressed or to a flavour higher in freshly prepared meat such as our Scottish Salmon flavour.
Articles in this section
- What's the Difference Between cold-pressed pellets and extruded kibble?
- Sudden loose stools after feeding Akela fine for months? See these common reasons
- Is Akela suitable to feed to my puppy? Chicken or Salmon, yes
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Kibble Size - Medium, Small Paws or Big Paws?
- What kind of vitamins/minerals do you use in your foods?
- Veal - why do you use it?
- Is Akela suitable for my dog?
- I'm used to buying 12Kg or 15Kg bags, do you have any plans to launch those sizes?