When switching between Akela flavours from the same range, you do not usually need to transition gradually as the calorific content and protein levels are in a similar range. You may wish to add some of our tinned Pumpkin Digestive Aid though. Gradual transition is recommended if switching between kibble, wet food or raw food though. Similarly if switching between dry extruded and cold-pressed or to a flavour higher in freshly prepared meat such as our Scottish Salmon flavour.
Articles in this section
- Sudden loose stools after feeding Akela fine for months? See these common reasons
- Is Akela suitable to feed to my puppy?
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Kibble Size - Medium, Small Paws or Big Paws?
- My cat likes your dog food! What's the difference?
- Can I mix your different types of food together?
- Is your food "Hypoallergenic"? Yes
- Do I need to transition gradually when switching between Akela flavours? No
- Which of your treats are suitable for puppies?