"Hypoallergenic" is a marketing buzzword coined by corporate multinationals in the 1990s to claim that their products do not cause any allergic reactions. In reality, allergies can develop in reaction to any ingredient. Hypoallergenic in a dog food context is generally agreed to mean that a food is free from wheat, dairy, beef and soya. Our whole range is therefore hypoallergenic under this definition apart from our beef wet and raw food flavours.
Articles in this section
- Sudden loose stools after feeding Akela fine for months? See these common reasons
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Can I mix your different types of food together?
- Is your food "Hypoallergenic"? Yes
- Do I need to transition gradually when switching between Akela flavours? No
- Which of your treats are suitable for puppies?
- Is Akela suitable to feed to my puppy
- Why don't you use bio-degradable packaging?