Colitis is a chronic digestive disease characterised by inflammation of the inner lining of the colon. Akela is not designed to treat any medical conditions but may still be beneficial in this instance. Less Akela needs to be fed compared to foods bulked out with cheap fillers so there is less to pass through the inflamed colon. The high quality freshly prepared meat proteins within Akela are highly digestible. We recommend choosing a single source protein recipe such as Scottish Salmon or Suffolk Duck dry kibble or any of our raw foods.
Articles in this section
- Sudden loose stools after feeding Akela fine for months? See these common reasons
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Why don't you use bio-degradable packaging?
- Is Akela suitable for pregnant bitches?
- Is your fish farmed?
- What does free-run mean?
- Cage-Free Policy - Ethically Sourced Ingredient Provenance
- Puppy Transition & Digestion